Your brand is how your customers and prospects distinguish you from other businesses in your industry. The brand can be your logo, your name, a specific type style, or even a slogan that’s easy to remember. If you’re a doctor, an attorney, or an accountant, your brand is your name, so use it often and everywhere. Take every available opportunity to promote your brand. Display it on all ads, literature, signs, and business cards so it becomes familiar to your target market.
You want everyone, including your customers and prospects, to know your brand and rely on it. Once your brand is established in your target market, people will begin to feel that:
- Your brand is their best choice.
- They’re comfortable with the quality
- They’re comfortable with the price.
- Your brand is worth a premium.
- Your brand has value added.
- Your brand has a reliable level of performance.
- Your brand offers consistently good service.
- It’s guaranteed.
Brand recognition can build long-term business rather than onetime orders. Work to keep your brand in front of your customers so that another choice won’t be an option. You don’t have to be a Fortune 500 company to establish your brand in your target market—you can use publicity, word-of-mouth, and advertising to do so.