The components of employee resourcing strategy as considered in this chapter are:
- Workforce planning – assessing future business needs and deciding on the numbers and types of people required.
- Developing the organization’s employee value proposition and its employer brand.
- Resourcing plans – preparing plans for finding people from within the organization and/or for learning and development programmes to help people learn new skills. If needs cannot be satisfied from within the organization, it involves preparing longer-term plans for ensuring that recruitment and selection processes will satisfy them.
- Retention strategy – preparing plans for retaining the people the organization needs.
- Flexibility strategy – planning for increased flexibility in the use of human resources to enable the organization to make the best use of people and adapt swiftly to changing circumstances.
- Talent management strategy – ensuring that the organization has the
talented people it requires to provide for management succession and meet present and future business needs