Do you have what it takes to become an archaeologist? Take this self-evaluation quiz to find out. Answer true or false to the following statements.
- I have above-average academic ability.
- I have an avid interest in science and history.
- Hours of strenuous activity (lifting, carrying, shoveling) do not pose a problem for me.
- I have been told that I have leadership qualities.
- The idea of continuing study throughout my career appeals to me.
- I am a logical and analytical thinker.
- I enjoy working independently.
- I function well as part of a team.
- I believe professional ethics should be strictly adhered to.
- I can live under primitive conditions in remote areas.
To consider yourself a potential archaeologist, you must see each statement as true. Even with just one false statement, you might want to reconsider your choice of field. Archaeology is an extremely rigorous and competitive profession.